Saturday, December 29, 2012

Django Unchained: A review to the critique

A few hours after watching the film Django Unchained I wrote a critique on some of the major faults to me to which I got a lot of side-ways glances and eye rolls. I thought my critique was reasonable and even a bit reserved, I could have easily added a few more head shaking and deep sighing senses to my critique.

I didn't because this is the best movie to come out in 2012. I enjoyed myself and plan to add it to my movie collection as soon as it hits dvd. However, I took on the responsibility of expressing some concerns that I knew would be hot button issues when the media decided to critique the film.

On my tumblr account Naturally Divine I decided to write my fangirl review of the film that same day. Here is a small excerpt from my article:

"*DISCLAIMER: If you're looking for a movie that accurately portrays the horrors and the struggles of slavery, this isn't the movie. If you're looking to get a better understanding of the mindset and manners of the South in its antebellum, this isn't the movie. If you came to this movie to learn about anything in regards to race and slavery, this isn't the movie for it. Don't get your hopes up, after all, this is a Quentin Tarantino for Christ sake*"

You can view my complete review here on my tumblr page  http://natdivine.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment