Saturday, September 15, 2012

Five Reasons Why I LOVE Psy


                     


Before you say it, I’ll go ahead and clarify a few things: 1.) Yes I’m black, 2.) Yes I love Kpop, and 3.) YES black folks can dig on some Kpop!


With all the hoopla surrounding “Psy” and the public’s new found hunger for the magical musical stylings of “Kpop” (Korean Pop), a lot of you might be scratching your heads in bewilderment of how this guy got so much buzz so quickly and how he shot into mainstream US “fame”.
Well, I don’t have an answer for that because…I don’t care HOW it happened, I’m just happy it is finally happening. KPop is all the rage in Korean and all over video sharing sites-especially youtube-which is where I first found my way into the glittery forest of Kpop Music My obsession started as a troll that turned into an addiction that has now for the most part subsided. I won’t go into detail about the troll..but it started with this song by Super Junior called ‘Sorry Sorry’ danced by prisoners at a prison in the Philippines , then I was introduced SNSD-Now known as Girls Generation ‘Gee’-, then I was hooked. 2NE1, Bi-Rain by way of Chan-Wook Park’s Awesome MovieBig Bang and the rest is just Kpop history. Like in all honesty, they have kpop training camps recruiting kids of the streets.
Bleh, I’m rambling…lets get to the good stuff shall we :)
Top 5 Reasons I Love Psy!!
1.) He’s been in the kpop game for 12 years.
                           
I’m not sure if this was the actual album cover (I’ve seen several) but he released his first album in 2001.
2.) He’s MUCH older than the Average kpop artist.
This is a typical Kpop Artist montage:
                           {Don’t worry, I think most of them are legal by US standards}

This is a picture of Psy (who is actually 35 years old)
                                 
                                 {Look At Som Chon at the Prom}

3.) He created, choreographed, and edited the ENTIRE video practically on his own, LIKE A BOSS!! Check out this Rolling Stone Interview of him getting his “Directors Commentary” on!
4.) He’s reppin Korean and not singing his song in English.  Psy speaks English very well and cocky too, he even went to college in the states (not sure if its really him, just like the ID picture) and yet he hasn’t made the movie to “Englinize” -copy right- his song. I loved watching him get down on the Today Show having the crowd full of…”non-koreans” *wink* sing his song to HIM in Korean. And even though the mainstream media is trying to play him like he’s the next William Hung or something like that and even Ellen not giving him a proper introduction when he came on her show to teach Britney Spears HIS dance moves. He took it all in stride A.) because he’s a BOSS and b.) If the hate then late them hate and watch his money pile up!
        
5.) YOUTUBE PARODIES!!! As you know, I live for that kind ofawesomenessTwo my favorite YouTube people came out in full effect on this cover: DumbFoundDeadDavid So Comedy!! Yall check them out and keep on enjoying the greatness that is Psy!!! <3 

2 comments: